Downtown Orlando Commercial Fire Damage Advice
SERVPRO Offers Fire Damage Preventative Tips For A Downtown Orlando Business
Fire damage to a commercial enterprise can be catastrophic on the property damage issue and of closing the doors to clients and customers. A commercial property owner, having to deal with this unexpected extreme event, needs all the help he can get. The fact that the fire can force a business owner to stop temporarily operating or even shut down permanently can result in deep financial consequences. However, learning more about business fire prevention and what steps to handle them can limit business owners from experiencing substantial financial loss, stress, and the complete destruction of their property. Discover more about these important issues by referring to the quick reference guide provided for you below compliments of SERVPRO.
What Causes Business Fires? A wide range of factors can cause business fires.
- fire from an adjoining commercial property or suite
- an electrical fire, or commercial kitchen flare-up
- lightning strike, very prevalent in the Orlando area
- natural disasters like earthquakes, more likely a sinkhole
Business Interruption Insurance
Typically, companies who are not able to survive following a fire fail to do so because they did not have business interruption insurance. While companies who do purchase this insurance may find it challenging to recover fully, it is still easier for them to get back to business. Thus, although the insurance typically costs 10% more than a business owner's standard premium, the investment is considered to be a prudent and practical one. And SERVPRO is usually at the top of the list of preferred vendors for many insurance and property management companies. We can coordinate a restoration plan with your insurance adjuster and help manage the insurance claim, reducing your stress.
Fire Prevention Strategies
In addition to investing in business interruption insurance, business owners should implement the following fire prevention strategies:
- Do not store flammable items in an open spot. Keep an organized stockroom and inventory storage area to prevent damage from fire.
- Check quarterly that your smoke alarms are functioning properly, and if installed, working fire-suppressant sprinkler system.
- Develop and implement a thorough, effective fire evacuation plan, have lighted exit signs, and no blockage of emergency exit doors.
- Make sure that your appliances, electronics, and machinery are shut off when closed, if possible.
- Ensure that all fire extinguishers and emergency directions are in viewable and accessible locations, emergency phone numbers visible
- Make sure that your backup drives and critical paperwork are kept in a fireproof safe or cloud storage.
Call SERVPRO Today
Unfortunately, even extensive planning cannot prevent your commercial property from possible fire damage in Downtown Orlando. A lot can happen in this thriving environment. However, if disaster strikes, the professionals of SERVPRO can provide you with the fire damage restoration services that get your property and business back into operation. Our IICRC-certified technicians offer a fast response. And we can mitigate the water, smoke and fire damage and handle the restoration project, saving you money. From start to completion, our goal is to get your doors reopened in minimal time and cost. "Like it never even happened."