Restoration for Commercial Properties
Whether you do business in Orlando, FL or someplace else, commercial property damage can be a frustrating experience for any property owner. To address this expensive and stress-inducing concern, commercial restoration services are available to restore your commercial properties as efficiently as possible. These commercial restoration services typically provide an assortment of services that work together to fully restore your commercial property, saving you time and money in the process.
This article will go more in-depth into what commercial restoration services do, why they are important and how they operate.
Types of Damage which Impact Commercial Properties
In terms of damage, residential properties and commercial properties are essentially the same. The most common forms of commercial damage include:
• Mold: Mold is both an eyesore and is unhealthy to be around. Once mold has infested a property, it can rapidly spread as air-borne spores if left unchecked. Mold remediation measures are essential for preventing a property’s mold situation from out of control.
• Fire damage: Fire damage can come from many different sources. A lightning strike, a faulty gas stove or even a neglected, lit cigarette can be sources of fire damage to a commercial property. Fires can cause catastrophic levels of destruction to a commercial property, requiring restoration and cleaning services to return the property to normal.
• Water damage: Water damage can also come from a variety of sources. Severe floods, severe rain, and busted pipes are just a few of the ways that water damage can impact your commercial property. Water damage can create more damage if left untreated, resulting in issues such as contaminated water on surfaces and furniture, eroded materials and mold infestations. Electricity combined with water damage is a particularly deadly and destructive force.
• Wind and storm damage: Severe storms and strong winds can smash windows out, tear off roof tiles and damage unsheltered commercial equipment and other properties.
The Importance of Commercial Restoration Services
If your commercial property has some damage, you must reach out to a commercial restoration service as soon as possible.
Commercial property damage follows the same principle as most other types of damage: when left unchecked and unattended, the damage tends to get worse over time. What started as roof damage can lead to rainwater falling into your property, causing preventable water damage and mold issues. A neglected broken door can easily lead to your business’s valuables being susceptible to vandalism and theft.
Commercial property restoration is very important for another reason. Every day that your commercial business is closed due to damage, your company loses money and potential customers. Commercial businesses deal with a lot of overhead: bills, office and equipment rentals, salaries and services offered in good faith that they will be paid back. Commercial property damages worsen their overhead because the companies cannot earn their money back or turn a profit. Under these conditions, commercial properties will continue to lose money until they can open back up for business. Commercial restoration companies that can provide efficient services are an invaluable benefit to commercial properties under these circumstances.
Operations of Commercial Restoration Services
Commercial properties seeking commercial restoration services should look for companies that provide emergency services 24 hours a day. These types of companies can offer immediate relief whenever they are called, or as soon as emergency services have appropriately handled any potential health issues or risk factors.
Once the commercial restoration services arrive, they will usually start by assessing the damage level of the commercial property. Conducting the assessment will allow the restoration team to plan out a way to handle the damage and to start restoring the building’s functionality. It’s typical for the damage to be more serious than initially presumed. Smoke from a room affected by past fire damage may have seeped into another room. The mold that started in one room could infest another room due to water damage. To determine the extent of the damage, these restoration companies use sensors and other detection devices to accurately determine the extent of the damage to the commercial property.
Afterward, a commercial restoration company will begin any necessary preventative measures to ensure that no further damage will occur. This could mean making repairs to the property’s roof or its pipe system, or it may mean adding temporary equipment or components while the restoration team works.
Whatever isn’t salvageable will be disposed of. Some equipment and objects that normally stay inside of the commercial property may be temporarily moved from their usual places. For water damage, the restoration specialists will clear out water with large pumps and clean affected areas with scrubbers and other equipment. Any damp surfaces will have to be thoroughly dried to stop the potential for mold spreading to other rooms and surfaces. Sanitization measures will also need to be put in place for several health reasons.
Once the commercial property is cleaned and the building is sealed, the commercial restoration teams will repair and remodel its rooms. Numerous furnishings may need to be replaced, and other parts of the building may need to be redone, such as wall paint and carpeting.
These commercial restoration services will restore your commercial property after it suffers various sorts of damage. The restoration process will allow your business to return to normal operations as soon as possible.
Business Owner Tips
Here are a few tips on commercial restoration for companies such as yours:
• Do thorough research on commercial restoration companies near you before any damage happens
• Check for insurance policies that will cover damage from sources such as water and fire.
• Plan for worst-case scenarios and determine ways to keep earning revenue.
• Consider having staff work from home while restoration services are being conducted.
SERVPRO of Winter Park
If your commercial property needs restoration services, contact us, SERVPRO of Winter Park. SERVPRO of Winter Park serves the Orlando, FL area, providing a variety of affordable commercial property restoration services.